At Waxdale Advisors strategic analysis is about developing a strategy for a venture by examining the venture and the environment in which it operates and determining likely responses to events and changes going on around and within the venture. It’s called strategic because it’s high level and about a long-term direction for the venture. It’s called analysis because it is about breaking something that’s big and complex down into more manageable pieces.
Macro Environment Strategic Analysis Areas
- Global environmental analysis – Many environmental factors, especially economic or social factors, play a big role in a company’s decisions, because the analysis and the monitoring of those factors reveal chances and risks for the company’s business.
- Industry Analysis – is a tool that facilitates a company’s understanding of its position relative to other companies that produce similar products or services. Understanding the forces at work in the overall industry is an important component of effective strategic planning. Analysts perform primary and secondary market research within an industry. Analysts assess sector trends, create segment taxonomies, size markets, prepare forecasts, and develop industry models.
- Market Research – is about looking outside the organization at the market in which the organization operates to look for opportunities and threats from the environment and market(s) and make recommendations for strategic direction to take advantage of the opportunities and mitigate the threats.
External Environment Analysis
External environment analysis is an important part of strategic management. The external environment plays a critical role in shaping the future of entire industries and those of individual businesses. To keep the business ahead of the competition, managers must continually adjust their strategies to reflect the environment in which their businesses operate.
As a strategic analyst macro environment, you’ll be responsible to perform:
- Environmental Scanning
- Environmental Monitoring
- Environmental Forecasting
- Environmental Assessment
Macro Environment Analysis
The major external and uncontrollable factors that influence an organization’s decision making and affect its performance and strategies. These factors include the economic factors; demographics; legal, political, and social conditions; technological changes; and natural forces.
As a strategic analyst macro environment, you’ll be responsible to analyze the PESTEL framework of the venture’s global environment:
- Political Factors
- Economic Factors
- Social Factors
- Technological Factors
- Environmental Factors
- Legal Factors
Qualifications and requirements
- College or university student with a major in marketing (an asset) or any other business-related studies
- Undergraduates or graduates (an asset)
- Ability to conduct thorough research
- Dependability — being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Attention to Detail — being careful about detail and thorough in completing tasks
- Cooperation — being pleasant with others and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Integrity — being honest and ethical.
- Leadership — willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Waxdale Ecosystem Inc.
Waxdale is an organization that provides financing opportunities, services and tools to entrepreneurs and startups throughout the startup lifecycle.